Top 11 Reasons to Get VGATE Wifi ELM327:
- 1. Version: v1.5
- 2. For Android PC For iPhone iPad
- 3. Fully compatible with ELM327 V1.4b.
- 4. All ELM327 supported software are available to use.
- 5. Faster than ELM327 four times or higher. (ELM327 is RISC 8bit 44MHz MCU, iCar is ARM 16bit MCU)
- 6. Built in power switch.
- 7. Low standby power consumption sleep mode.
- 8. Lower power consumption than ELM327
- 9. LED indicator is in the front side toward user for easier check of linking status.
- 10. Support J1939 protocol more than ELM327.
- 11. WiFi 802.11 b/g and encrypted for better security.
Due to the android diagnostic software becomes heavier to run, suggest to use on smart phone with CPU 800Mhz or higher, 1GHz recommended.
- OBDII decode chip: ARM 16bit MCU
- Firmware: ELM327 Version 1.4b compatible
- Transfer baud rate: 4800 / 9600 / 10400 / 38400 / 500K
- Input interface: OBDII male 16pin
- Output interface: Wifi 802.11 b/g
- LED Indicator: Power(red) / OBD(green) / Link(blue) (PC or smart phone)
- Operating Voltage: 12V, including over voltage /shortage protection
- Nominal Idle current: 45mA
- Net Weight: 31g
- Gross Weight: 60g
- Wire Length: 0 cm
- SSID: BUYOBD
- Password: See item label
- IP: 192.168.0.10
- HTTP local port: 35000
- Encryption: WEP128
- Power: supplied by car OBD socket
- 1. Plug the scantool into Car OBDII female socket which is usually below the driving wheel.
- 2. Insert car key and switch to Accessory ON position for static data reading,
- 3. Scan the iCar from your Desktop/Notebook PC/PDA wifi device.
- 4. Find “BUYOBD” to link. Enter password which is on the item label.
- 5. You may switch car key to Start position to read more dynamic data readings.
OBDII 16-Pin DLC Definition:
- 1. n/a
- 2. Bus + (SAE J1850 PWM, VPW)
- 3. n/a
- 4. Battery –
- 5. Signal –
- 6. CAN High (ISO 15765-4)
- 7. K Line (ISO 9141-2, SAE J2234)
- 8. n/a
- 9. n/a
- 10. Bus – (SAE J1850 PWM, VPW)
- 11. n/a
- 12. n/a
- 13. n/a
- 14. CAN Low (ISO 15765-4)
- 15. L line (ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230-4)
- 16. Battery +
Only pins 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 14, 15, 16 defined by above standards read data.
Other customized pins are not supported.
Please confirm OBDII label located under front engine hood.
Support OBDII/EOBD2 Protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN-B 125Kbps, started since 2003 in USA)
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN-C 500Kbs, 11bit ID, 29bit ID, started since 2003 in USA)
- ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init. 10.4 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
- SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
- SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
- SAE J1939 the Data link connector standard
Buyer vehicles test feedback,Other vehicle test result of ELM327
1. Read more than 3000 car manufacturers’ stand DTC and private DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) and its meaning.
2. Clear DTC, turn off dashboard MIL “Check Engine” Light
3. Display sensor data, including:
- Engine RPM
- Coolant Temperature
- Fuel Status
- Vehicle speed
- Intake Manifold pressure (MAF/MAP)
- Timing Advance
- Intake Air Temperature
- Air Flow Rate
- Absolute Throttle Position
- Oxygen sensor voltage /short term fuel trim
- Fuel Pressure
Driver: It does not need.
Applications supporting ELM327 chip
PC Windows (Supports RS232/USB/Bluetooth):
- Auto Enginuity ScanTool 6.02 for PC in English/German/Hungarian/Spanish
- Dashcommand by Palm Performance, Win 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, support touch pad.
- Digimoto 5.01.22
- Easy OBDII 3.0.0
- EVOSCAN for Mitsubishi 1994~2009, Mitsubishi EVOX 2008~2010, Subaru SSMII 1997~2007
- FiatECUScan for Alfa/Fiat/Lancia, Win XP/Vista/7
- G M mode 22 scan tool by Terry
- moDiag Professional in English/German/Hungarian/Romanian, Win 2000/XP/Vista/7
- OBD 2007 PID reader for PC and pocket PC by GLM Software
- OBD Logger Windows & Unix by Jonathan Senkerik
- OBDScan for G M for Ford Chrysler Mazda. Win 2000/XP/Vista/7
- OBD-II ScanMaster 3.52 in English/German/Russian by Wladimir Gurskij
- OBD-II ScanMaster Pro
- OBD2 Scantool by Ivan Andrewjeski
- OBDII for ELM322 by David Huffman
- PCMSCAN for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista/Win7
- ProScan for Win 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, NT4.0 SP6A.
- pyOBD by Donour Sizemore for MacOSX and Linux
- RDDTC Simple Trouble Code Reader by Pete Calinski
- Real Scan by Brent Harris, Simple Read & Reset software for older PC.
- ScanTest by Ivan Ganev aka a-ser for Pocket PC
- ScanMaster-ELM 2.1, Win 98/ME/2000/XP/7, USB/Bluetooth/WLAN, OPEL 1996~2004, Alfa Romeo 1998~2001, Fiat Bravo 1998~2002
- ScanXL ELM (for Ford, Lincolin, Mercury 1996~2008)
- ScanXL PRO, Win 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista/7
- TouchScan for Win2000SP4, XP SP2, Vista 32/64, 7 32/64, serial/USB/Bluetooth/WiFi/touch screen, EOBD/JOBD, ?90?PID, for Nissan
- Vauxcheck by Gendan, Vauxhall/Opel 1997~2008 petrol/diesel (2004~2008 CAN bus), Renault Vivaro/Movano, Vectra C diesel 2002~2003
- VitalScan 1.3 for Win, Win Mobile, Palm, Win smartphone
- WOBD by WDT
Palm/Pocket PC (Supports RS232/USB/Bluetooth):
AutoEnginuity for Win PPC 2002/2003 v4.2, mobile 2003SE/2005 v4.4
AutoEnginuity for Palm 3.5+
EVOScanPPC for Mitsubishi 1994~2009 /Subaru,Win CE 4.2/5.0/6.0, Pocket PC 2002/2003, Win Mobile 5/6/7
OBD Gauge for PalmOS & Pocket PC by Dana Peters
ScanMaster-PPC for Pocket PC, Win Mobile
For Nokia Symbian : (supports bluetooth)
AutoMobile (For Blackberry, For LG, For Nokia, For Motorola, For Samsung, For Sony Ericsson)
OBDScope (free trial and paid EUR9.95)
For Nokia N800 & N810 internet tablet (supports bluetooth)
Android: (Supports Bluetooth)
DashCommand 2.9.1 by Palmer Performance
Torque by Ian Hawkins, Android 1.5/1.6/2.0/2.1
VoyagerDash by GTOSoft