How to Connect:
- Connect the WiFi Repeater to a power source. You can plug it into a USB port on a PC, a power bank or even a USB wall charger. When powered, the repeater’s LED will start blinking in orange color.
- Download and install the Mi Home app on your Android smartphone.
The app is not available on the Play Store so download the APK from here and install it to your Android phone.
- Launch the Mi Home app and ignore any update notification that pops up. Do not update the app.
- Tap on the + (Plus) sign at the top right.
- Select other smart devices6f5c.
- At this point, you’ll be asked to login to your Mi (Xiaomi) account. Sign in if you already have one, else create a new account and sign in.
- Tap Next on the Find Other smart devices screen.
- Select the WiFi connection which you want to extend using the repeater and input the password for the same.
- Wait for Mi Home app to configure the WiFi Repeater to connect and extend your WiFi network. The LED light on the repeater will change from orange to blue indicating a successful setup.If the Mi Home app throws an error during setup but your repeater has a blue LED already, you can simply ignore the error. The repeater will work fine 🙂
The SSID for your extended network would have your original network’s SSID followed by _plus. The password for the network will remain same as your original.